For this week's reverse engineered object, I started building the object according to my planning.The whole progress going to be in three sections: the top(the lid), the middle(the colours) and the bottom(colour mixer). I started with doing the top part. It was really hard at the beginning because of the smooth curve of the lid. However, I thought about an idea using eye shadows. I scrubbed powders from eye shadows and put them on tracing paper. I opened the watercolour palette and push it down on the tracing paper as close as possible then move horizontally. In the end, I got something like this. It shows the areas that are in the same horizontal level. Although the picture beyond is not that clear, the real object has a relatively strong difference in colours which can help me build the object. To start in rhino, I feel the side view will help me save more time. But only side view also doesn't have enough informations. So I made each in different views and com...
For this reverse Engineered Object project that's coming up, I choose to doing something from my study desk. Those are the stuffs that easy to get, easy to break and easy to put back together. The selections are a ball-point pen, a white-out and a portable water colour palette. The Ball Point Pen I have been using this pen for so long. It is so well designed and easy to use that makes me always bring it with me. I really hope I can study from how the company designed this pen and recreate it. The advantage of selecting this object is that the pen itself is clear, I can see the structure inside and makes it easy for me to understand, However, it is also very delicate and some parts are locked inside the pen which makes it very hard to measure in the future. (Hard but I don't think is not achievable?) The White-Out The white-out is an object that was very important to my study life back in China where we are not allowed to use pencil for daily homework after grade 7. I used to ha...
On this stage of 3d printing, we need to pair up with a partner and combine our idea into 3d object. For this project, I feel it was kind of hard to think of ideas at first. Because it is a open topic, we can do what ever we want as long as the object is hollow. Sometimes, you won't know what can you do when you can do anything. But it is a homework haha.. So I start to build things looks more realistic. If I can't think of anything else, why not just start with what I can think of? My 6 ideas: I'd like to link my ideas with some real objects in life. Such as the first one, I got my inspiration from the DNA model, and the 2nd one, it is a lotus like this: Most of my objects have organic shapes and symmetrical. At the same time, actually finished my ideas a bit earlier than Trevor. This works towards our benefit in some way. Trevor's 6 ideas: Comparing to mine, Trevor indicates the idea that there are geometric elements in his objects. I think that was...
Comments
Post a Comment