Getting started with [Reverse Engineered Object]

For this reverse Engineered Object project that's coming up, I choose to doing something from my study desk. Those are the stuffs that easy to get, easy to break and easy to put back together. The selections are a ball-point pen, a white-out and a portable water colour palette.


The Ball Point Pen

I have been using this pen for so long. It is so well designed and easy to use that makes me always bring it with me. I really hope I can study from how the company designed this pen and recreate it. The advantage of selecting this object is that the pen itself is clear, I can see the structure inside and makes it easy for me to understand, However, it is also very delicate and some parts are locked inside the pen which makes it very hard to measure in the future. (Hard but I don't think is not achievable?)

The White-Out

The white-out is an object that was very important to my study life back in China where we are not allowed to use pencil for daily homework after grade 7. I used to have so many broken white-outs because the tape inside is very easy to slip from where is suppose to be. And also for this reason, I have broken so many that I know how white-out works haha. The only thing I need to do ahead of time is I have not using white-out for so long that I kind of forget what does it looks like inside. 


The Portable Water Colour Palette

This is a water colour palette for drawing out doors especially for traveling. It already comes with the paint when I bought it, also with several spaces for colour mixing and the small plate for storing water (because it is for water colour) The size of this object is very comfortable for me to measure. Meanwhile, all the parts is plastic, I think it is pretty cool that all parts can be joint together like this. However, that also means if I crake one part of this platte that makes it can not be joined anymore, I have to push myself to rebuild a new one, or I have to spend money and buy. ;-;


And in the end, I would be very happy if I can recreate the portable water colour palette, not only I think the design is cool, but also it is a great starting point for me to try the realistic world in rhino. Plus, the all plastic version can be really have to use sometimes because of friction, I am really excited to see if I can improve some of the small designs during the process. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

3D-Printed Object: Chess Set

PaperCraft: The Final

Surface Design Study: research and design