3D-Printed Object: Chess Set

   


For this mile stone project, I designed a mechanic chess set.
The main mechanic place of this chess set is there is a part of the chess will drop down when you pick the chess up. When you pick up a chess and move it, it can possibly be the chess has been defeated. To emphasize on that, I designed the drop down part like another face of the chess characters, and make them look like crying.
This shows more on the King and Queen, because they have the extend part on top like crown. The concept behind it would make more sense in this case.

The peer to peer sessions helped a lot. I got feedback on improving the designs. For example, Bishop would make more sense if it has the element of cross, and knight would make more sense with a diagonal cross which look like swords that are placed across.


the fixed sketch






The first sample that I did before actual chess set



Printing in progress

The chess that I created had A LOT of support material just because of the design, that causes the object had a not so smooth finish (I think). Compare with the sample, I also scale down the size to fit the design. And that causes some fitting problem as well. Therefore, not all the chess that I have in the end is working very smooth. But there is one exception which is the King.


How it work in real life
ALSO the sound is soooo crisp.😩😩

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bsGPTYhGN01uTNLAZee8GZaHED8w28Rp?usp=sharing
(google drive link incase the video in here doesn't work.)


Them in real life

I really like and enjoyed this project since this project is part of the reason why I registered for this class. The time and energy that I spent is worth it. However, I can still things that I can do better and I hope I can come back to it and improve them.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PaperCraft: The Final

Surface Design Study: research and design