Surface Design Study: research and design




For this milestone project, we are asked to design a surface that inspired by the surface design in real life. And here are some research that I did in the past 2 weeks







Picture 1- Picture 4
Some of the architecture pictures in my photo album.

Picture 5 - Picture 6
The bus seats from bus number 300 and bus number 88

During the scavenger hunt, I was originally looking at different surface design in my daily life. However, I feel restricted to take inspiration from other surface designs. So I changed my mind and took inspirations from the environment and the architecture. 

The primary process is analyzing significant characteristics of the picture and exaggerating them to design a surface.

The picture that I am experimenting with my process planning below:


The characteristics that I collected from this picture:
yellow plane, the shape of the wall, different kinds of plants, white decoration close to the window. 

Some designs that I come up with:


And the design that I came up in the end:





I picked the best one and coloured referenced the colour palette in the picture:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3D-Printed Object: Chess Set

PaperCraft: The Final