Paper-craft Objects: Digital Samples

 


The project of this week is creating art pieces that are significant from our life by using Rhino.

Unfortunately, I totally underestimated how complex the object that I want to create, so I don't have enough time to finish it all.

The only piece that came out perfect is a Chinese knot. Chinese knots are usually made to represent special meanings. The knot that I create means Auspicious. I came to Canada three years ago, and never had a chance to go back since then because of COVID. The Chinese knots means a lot to me. One of the reasons is our family always make knots during Chinese New Year for good luck. However, I never pay attention to how to make them. But today, I have a chance to build it digitally.


In this piece, I use double layers to show it is a knot instead a flat structure. All the intersection is separated from each other but also fitted in gaps. 
In the end, the piece should only have one path. Although, I put different colour for different section just for me to understand the structure better.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3D-Printed Object: Chess Set

PaperCraft: The Final

Surface Design Study: research and design