Papercraft: Research

At this point of time, for OBDF110 class, we are starting a new project about Paper-craft. Paper as one of the most common things in life, we can almost use it to do anything, such as writing, wiping and modelling. Today, we are on the research stage stage of this project, which as student, I took a look of many wonderful craft that made from paper by many great artists.


The art craft is the wet fold origami technique paper animals by the Artist Hoang Tien Quyet.

Some of her amazing work below: (all picture from https://www.thisiscolossal.com/2015/05/wet-fold-origami/)






In my opinion, the art works show a bit more realistic than old style origami because some of the organic shapes. Think about it, the origamis we learned in kindergarten were all made from multiple genomic shapes. And for most animals in real life, their bodies always have curve. Therefore, the organic shapes create a sense of real life fro those origamis.


In Hoang Tien Quyet's own website (https://htquyet.origami.vn/about), he talked about making origami I like making his own toys, it is joyful and interesting. The more he work with paper, the more his personality and life he puts in his work.


This art work really caught my eye because I love origami and I use to search online all day for brilliant origami instructions. And I will make them on my own. I can not imagine how origami artist created those cute animals by using paper. Because in the end they all from one piece of square or rectangle paper.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3D-Printed Object: Chess Set

PaperCraft: The Final

Surface Design Study: research and design