OBJECTIFIED

  


The documentary: Objectified by Gary Hustwit is a very successful video that indicates the definition of design comprehensively. Design is the solution that improve our daily life. Therefore, design brings a lot into economic level as well. People tend to purchase objects that are new and well designed, not only for the convenience when using it, but also for distinguishing themselves with others. 


One of the most common examples is cars. People's adoration and comparison to the cars make them become performance objects. In the documentary, former design director of BMW group, Chris Bangle indicates that, the real challenges of car design are going to be addressing the future generations perception of what they want cars to be in their lives. Our car can be the description of ourselves. Such as what does the car shows about me or how is this car matches with me. This also makes me to think what kind of car can represent me in the future, which inspired the visual object I am going to create.


But to be honest, I don't know much about car so I only can imagine the appearance. I prefer my car in the future can have streamlined design with low chassis. 


Cars might be floating in the air already in the future. And so are the accessories and side mirrors. I put different setting to my car because it can show how my taste in car design which match with me.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3D-Printed Object: Chess Set

PaperCraft: The Final

Surface Design Study: research and design